Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Eating the south part 1 - Paducah, KY

Eating The South! Part 1
The "burger bar" in Kevil, KY for lunch.
My order was a double hamburger with fries and slaw and a side of fried pickles. Not exactly health food, but I am excited for down home roadside food.



The lady in the building said she would "holler" at me when it was ready. Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting...fresh food takes awhile. I met a nice man waiting for his catfish which he insists I come back for, maybe after the treadmill.

So far the road food has not been real road foodish. We have been cooking in the hotel room, eating out was the first night and we went to Texas Roadhouse, which is good but uniform. I am hoping our trip to Alabama this weekend brings some exciting things besides family and rockets (Huntsville, Alabama is my hometown and it is "rocket city, USA"). I am hoping for BBQ, Waffle House, and something weird to eat. Who knows?

By the way the burger was huge and fresh, the fried pickles were great as well!


Don't forget to eat y'all! From Paducah, KY... Trace


cookingwithtrace.blogspot.com

Location:Metropolis Lake Rd,West Paducah,United States

No comments: