Sunday, February 07, 2010

Mexican pizza

I first encountered this recipe when I was working at Papa Kelsey and Fred's during my college days. I hope you enjoy! Trace

Mexican pizza
1 pizza dough*
1 can refried beans
1 pound hamburger
2 cups Mexican blend/fiesta blend
1/2 cup mozzarella
taco seasoning
tomato sauce
Optional items chopped olives, chopped onion, salsa, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomatoes...

Bake or buy a pizza dough. Press out into a 18 inch round bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool.

Brown hamburger meat, chopped into fine pieces. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce per directions.

Take cooled crust. Spread refried beans to the edge top with fiesta cheese mix, add taco meat spread evenly across the crust. Add any optional items that you would like onions, olives, jalapenos etc. sprinkle with half cup of mozzarella bake at 400 degrees until cheese is bubbly approximately 12-15 minutes.

Serve with sides like sour cream, quacamole, extra tomatoes, olives, onions, peppers, salsa

Enjoy

*I buy my raw pizza dough from a local pizza restaurant. Cheap and easy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: