Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Homemade energy bars (similar to Cliff bars)

I had a Cliff bar at the MS walk last weekend, and thought to myself, as I always do, I can do this... Sooooo I tried my hand at making homemade energy bars...

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raisins
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 oz water
2 oz honey
pinch of salt

directions:

Add oats and water to food processor, pulse a couple of times. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until a dough is formed..., you may need to scrape down sides of bowl.

I lined a small bar pan with foil and sprayed it lightly with cooking spray, then I pressed the mixture into the size I wanted. It made a about 24 servings.





Notes for next time:
Cranberries (naturally sweetened)
Cocoa powder
Cinnamon
Dried strawberries or blueberries


I would love to hear your suggestions...

No comments: