Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Black Bean Brownies - yes, I said black beans....

So I saw this article on Fooducate's Facebook page and I thought brownies with no guilt? uhhh ok! I did not add the chocolate chips partially because I wanted to lower the sugar content and partially because I did not have any :)

If you are not aware of Fooducate here is your chance to learn! I don't always agree with their opinions but I think they have a good handle on presenting the truth about everything that they review. So check them out at http://www.fooducate.com/ or on Facebook, or if you are really cool, download the app for your phone!







Here is the recipe:

Black Bean Brownies
http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2011/02/14/show-your-valentine-some-love-with-beans/

Ingredients:

1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained very well
3 eggs
3 Tbsp canola oil
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed or ¾ cup white granulated sugar
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (I did not add)



Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with cooking spray.
In food processor, process black beans until smooth.
Add the eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, and sugar, and process until smooth.
Add ½ of the chocolate chips, and pulse a few times or stir, so that the chips are mixed in.
Transfer the batter to the baking pan, and sprinkle the remaining chips on top of the brownies.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
Enjoy with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!


Without the chocolate chips...


Go cook something!

No comments: